Thursday, February 18, 2010

Celebrating a Wonderful Lady


February 17 was Mrs. Bee's Birthday.
Mrs. Bee was the director of the Hinds Hi-Steppers for over 55 years. She is the most amazing lady. She has always been about teaching her girls to be kind, courteous, graceful young ladies. Her years of community service and performing for fund raisers are more than I could ever hope to accomplish in my lifetime. I wish I could have leaned more from her when I was a Hi-Stepper, but I was selfishly more preoccupied by other now unimportant things in life. Now that I am older I know the importance of her lessons and wish I could used them more in my life now. My years as a Hi-Stepper were not all wasted; it helped me grow out of my shyness and helped me to make some of the best friends that will last a lifetime. I think it was said best by the current director that Mrs. Bee is a Living Legend.

No comments: